Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Keeping Away from the Kardashians

Keeping away from the Kardashians is impossible.

I Kould not Kare less about the Kardashians, or as I like to call them, the KKK family.  (Because all the kids have names that start with K, get it? .... oh, never mind.)



Anyway, I am frequently annoyed by the constant bombardment of news about, pictures of, and general incessant coverage of these people.  I know their so-called reality show has been on the air since before we all had mobile phones.  They are inescapable, believe me, I've tried. If you own a television, a computer or go to the grocery store you will have seen and heard about the Kardashians in much more detail than you would like.

In fact, you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the U.S. who has not been exposed to naked pictures of Kim Kardashian's butt. It was on the cover of a magazine, for cripes sake.  Get your butt out of my face, Kim!!

I've had my fill of the Kardashians and I've never even watched their program. I don't care about their marriages, their divorces, their babies, their clothing or lack thereof. I don't care about any of it!  I long for the day when the word "Kardashian" leaves our lexicon and we are all blissfully ignorant of their on-going drama.

And yes, that goes for Caitlyn too. 

Don't get me wrong, I support the LGBT and sometimes Y community.  Not financially or anything, but I'm all in favor of people being true to who they are and wearing what they want and feeling comfortable in their sparkly ball gowns and 5-inch-heels.  After all, what woman doesn't feel comfortable in 5-inch-heels?  If you "identify" as a hot-young super-model then more power to you, Caitlyn. If you can afford all manner of plastic surgeries to make your body fit who you are on the inside, then that is your right. 

But enough already.  In 2015 it seemed like Bruce Jenner was on the cover of People magazine every other week, more often than the royal family.  Then he became Caitlyn and there was another slew of cover stories about that.  For somebody who claims to be a private person, Caitlyn sure does put herself out there.  There was the prime time Diane Sawyer interview, the cover of Vanity Fair, and now Cait has her own reality show.  How private is that?

I'm not a hater.  I'm just not interested in this he-said/she-said bitch fest.  I would love it if I could have a day free of Jenners and Kardashians.  Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment