Bad at Crafts - Surgical Glove Elephants
Let's just say - I was going for the Participant's Ribbon in this sculpture competition. Sadly, I did not even win that - no ribbon, no certificate, no bragging rights, and no respect and admiration from my peers. My elephants look pretty pathetic. They are even ashamed of themselves as evidenced by their downcast eyes
Here is how to achieve mediocre at-best elephants with minimal effort, in 9 easy steps.
1. Blow up some surgical gloves like balloons, let most of the air out
2. Tie off the opening
3. Draw eyes on with a sharpie
4. Cut out some ear shaped pieces of whatever paper you have lying around. Two ears per elephant. I just happened to have paper that was the same color as the gloves.
5. Affix the ears to the sides with scotch tape.
6. There is no step six.
7. Realize that your elephants are just going to lay there unless you prop them up somehow.
8. Poke pencils through some dessert sized paper plates.
9. Scotch tape the elephants to the pencils
And viola - you have just done the bare minimum. These are the kind of elephants that don't like talking about their flair.
My elephants were feeling okay about themselves until this group of monsters stampeded their way into the sculpture competition.
Just look at them, acting all superior with their robust elephant figures, their big elephant smiles and batting their sharpie drawn elephant eyelashes. This was not an amateur competition after all.
These elephants think they're all that - but they're not.